To start pre-compiled WaterdogPE (WDPE) you will need Java 11 installed. If you want to start proxy with older version of Java, you must compile WDPE yourself.
- Download the latest built
Waterdog.jarfrom our jenkins server.
- Place the file inside a new directory dedicated to Waterdog.
- Create a new startup script to launch the the JAR.
- Once you have successfully installed WDPE, it is time to get it working properly. One of the most essential steps is to configure your downstream server instances (Nukkit, PMMP) to run in offline-mode, which can be achieved by modifying
server.properties. You would need to set xbox-auth to false.
- PocketMine-MP has added another option which must be disabled when using proxy. Since server thinks player is unathenticated, his XUID will be unset. PMMP implements new security check where it verifies if players last XUID match the current one. In proxy case it will not match and player will be disconnected. To solve this issue, please disable
When using Java 11 we recommend adding this parameters, which will add support for some netty features.
-Dio.netty.tryReflectionSetAccessible=true --add-opens java.base/jdk.internal.misc=ALL-UNNAMED
Minimum allocated memory can be set using
In dedicated directory create
start.bat file with following code:
@echo off java -Xms512M -Xmx4G -jar Waterdog.jar pause
For Linux it is recommended to start proxy in bash environment. Create
start.sh file with following code:
#!/bin/bash java -Xms512M -Xmx4G -jar Waterdog.jar
To give your script executable permissions
chmod a+x start.sh To start proxy you can execute from terminal